Hello! Here is today’s synopsis from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Notwithstanding her status as the First Lady of Nigeria, Aisha, spouse of President Muhamadu Buhari has asserted that regardless she nourishes her kids from her own investment funds.
She said that the State House, Abuja provided food for her welfare just when it was essential.
2. The Acting Director of Information, Office of the Chief of Defense Staff, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar has pronounced that the armed force does not know the correct whereabouts of ex-activist pioneer, High Chief Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo, also called Tompolo.
Brig. Gen. Abubakar said the military does not know whether the Niger Delta warlord is dead or still alive.
3. West African pioneers will today take a noteworthy choice on the political impasse in The Gambia, at a meeting in Ghana, President Muhammadu Buhari has said.
Agreeing him, a noteworthy choice on the impasse is required to be taken at that immensely critical meeting.
4. An Inspector and five sergeants joined to the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has been let go by the Nigerian Police Force.
The influenced police staff, ex-Inspct. Eyong Victor, ex-Sgts. Subside Ekpo, Oguni Goodluck, Orji Nwoke, Okpe Ezekiel and Tanko Akor were uncovered by the constrain over asserted abuse of guns amid the simply closed administrative rerun in the state.
5. Super Eagles captian, John Obi Mikel has opened up on the genuine reason he set up his portable shelter with Tianjin TEDA FC of China.
The 29-year-old is set to seal a free exchange from Chelsea to the Chinese Super League club following 10 years and 374 appearances for the Blues in a feeling loaded letter, said he was glad to have played for the English mammoths for over 10 years.
6. Equity Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court in Lagos has requested the brief relinquishment of the total of $153,310,000, which previous Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueze, professedly stole from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and put away in three banks in the nation.
Hassan in his decision on Friday additionally gave Sterling Bank and whatever other invested individual 14 days to show up before him to demonstrate the authenticity of the monies, coming up short which the assets would be for all time relinquished to the Federal Government.
7. The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has clarified what crushed the Carmel’s spirit amongst him and previous President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The ruler said he dropped out with Obasanjo, a fromer military general when the last neglected to address the issue of genuine federalism in the nation as president, saying that Obasanjo had guaranteed to address the issue of genuine federalism before the 1999 decisions, however on getting to office, he did something else.
8. Catholic ArchBishop of Abuja Diocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, has excoriated the one-day national petition coordinated by the Christian Association of Nigeria out of appreciation for casualties of the slaughter in Southern Kaduna, saying Catholics don’t take requests and guidelines from CAN.
He scowled at the method of reasoning behind such requests by CAN and how they landed at the choice, saying that it was not the most ideal route forward.
9. Suspected firearm, Friday shot and executed a 36-year old candidate, Mr. Gabriel Sibe, an indigene of Isaba, an Ijaw people group in Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State. One individual was harmed and one missing in the shootout between the trespassers, suspected to be from a neigbouring Urhobo people group and adolescents of Isaba.
10. The National Vice-Chairman (North West) of the decision All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Inuwa Abdul-Kadir, has blamed Governor Nasir El-Rufai for Kaduna State and previous Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, of wanting to ambush him over gathering matters in their individual states.
Abdul-Kadir additionally guaranteed El-Rufai had undermined to whip him and keep him from entering Kaduna, within the sight of different Governors from the land zone.
Biafra: Court decides IPOB’s fate today
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja will today rule on the proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
The Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Abdul Abdu-Kafarati, will deliver the judgment in the suit seeking to void the proscription and declaration of IPOB, as a terrorist organisation.
The Pro-Biafra group had through its lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, approached the court challenging the ruling it delivered on September 20, 2017, which outlawed it on the strength of an ex-parte motion the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, filed on behalf of the government.
The court had declared as illegal, all activities of IPOB, particularly in the South-East and South-South regions of the country in the said ruling.
The Acting Chief Justice, who gave the ruling in chambers, further restrained “any person or group of persons from participating in any of the group’s activities.”
The judge further directed the AGF to ensure that he published the order proscribing IPOB in the official gazette, as well as in two national dailies, an order FG had since complied with.
IPOB, however, in a motion it filed, insisted that the proscription order “was made without jurisdiction”, adding that it was “granted against an entity unknown to law.”
The group also queried the legal validity of the order, which it said was surreptitiously obtained by the Attorney-General.
Fulani Herdsmen: Nigeria Is Being Painted Red With Blood – Dogara
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has reacted to the various killings going on around the country, particularly in Benue and Taraba states.
Dogara cried out that the country was being painted ‘Red’ with Blood. In his address to Lawmakers on resumption from the Christmas/New year break, the speaker condemned the violence in Benue, Kaduna, Taraba, Zamfara, Adamawa and Rivers state. He said;
“Indeed, at no time in the recent past has the nation’s peace and unity been so vigorously and persistently challenged. This, however, is the real test for true leadership.
Our dear country is now being painted red with the blood of the innocents on account of unremitting bedlam callously promoted by cold-hearted merchants of death.
At these moments of intense outpouring of grief across the nation, it is important that we shun buck-passing and accept responsibility for these wanton killings without which we will never find a solution to this evil.”
Nigerian Government Seeks ECOWAS Support To End Herdsmen Crisis
The Nigerian government has called for the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in providing lasting solutions to the farmers and herdsmen crisis in the country.
The Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau disclosed this after a meeting with the President of the ECOWAS commission, Marcel De Souza at the ECOWAS secretariat Abuja.
This is one of the efforts being employed by federal government in tackling herdsmen crisis and to ensure that justice was meted out on the perpetrators.
Dambazau after the meeting told newsmen that the discussion was bordered on regional security as herder/farmers clashes alongside terrorists attacks became worrisome
He called for a ministerial conference of ECOWAS member states in order to come up with a framework that will address the trans-border crimes, which he said had contributed to the conflict.
- NEWS11 months ago
11-Months Old Baby Girl Raped By 27-Year-Old Uncle (GRAPHIC PHOTO)
- Music6 months ago
DJ Khaled – I’m the One ft. Justin Bieber
- Music5 months ago
French Montana ft Swae Lee – Unforgettable (mp3 download)
- BIAFRA NEWS11 months ago
Detained Biafran Leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s Sister Weds in Abia State (Photos)
- Uncategorized1 year ago
BREAKING: Senate OFFICIALLY confirms rejecting EFCC boss Magu
- POLITICS1 month ago
Ali Modu-Sheriff Breaks Silence, Exposes The APC Governor Responsible For The Kidnap And Hiding Of Chibok Girls, Sets The Record Straight
- NEWS11 months ago
What Pres. Buhari Told Me When He Called – Femi Adesina
- POLITICS1 month ago
EXCLUSIVE: Battle For 2019 Begins As Wike, 10 PDP Governors, Dump Atiku, Endorse An Ex-Governor For President, Fayose As Running Mate