Hello! Here is today’s synopsis from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Notwithstanding her status as the First Lady of Nigeria, Aisha, spouse of President Muhamadu Buhari has asserted that regardless she nourishes her kids from her own investment funds.
She said that the State House, Abuja provided food for her welfare just when it was essential.
2. The Acting Director of Information, Office of the Chief of Defense Staff, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar has pronounced that the armed force does not know the correct whereabouts of ex-activist pioneer, High Chief Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo, also called Tompolo.
Brig. Gen. Abubakar said the military does not know whether the Niger Delta warlord is dead or still alive.
3. West African pioneers will today take a noteworthy choice on the political impasse in The Gambia, at a meeting in Ghana, President Muhammadu Buhari has said.
Agreeing him, a noteworthy choice on the impasse is required to be taken at that immensely critical meeting.
4. An Inspector and five sergeants joined to the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has been let go by the Nigerian Police Force.
The influenced police staff, ex-Inspct. Eyong Victor, ex-Sgts. Subside Ekpo, Oguni Goodluck, Orji Nwoke, Okpe Ezekiel and Tanko Akor were uncovered by the constrain over asserted abuse of guns amid the simply closed administrative rerun in the state.
5. Super Eagles captian, John Obi Mikel has opened up on the genuine reason he set up his portable shelter with Tianjin TEDA FC of China.
The 29-year-old is set to seal a free exchange from Chelsea to the Chinese Super League club following 10 years and 374 appearances for the Blues in a feeling loaded letter, said he was glad to have played for the English mammoths for over 10 years.
6. Equity Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court in Lagos has requested the brief relinquishment of the total of $153,310,000, which previous Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueze, professedly stole from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and put away in three banks in the nation.
Hassan in his decision on Friday additionally gave Sterling Bank and whatever other invested individual 14 days to show up before him to demonstrate the authenticity of the monies, coming up short which the assets would be for all time relinquished to the Federal Government.
7. The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has clarified what crushed the Carmel’s spirit amongst him and previous President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The ruler said he dropped out with Obasanjo, a fromer military general when the last neglected to address the issue of genuine federalism in the nation as president, saying that Obasanjo had guaranteed to address the issue of genuine federalism before the 1999 decisions, however on getting to office, he did something else.
8. Catholic ArchBishop of Abuja Diocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, has excoriated the one-day national petition coordinated by the Christian Association of Nigeria out of appreciation for casualties of the slaughter in Southern Kaduna, saying Catholics don’t take requests and guidelines from CAN.
He scowled at the method of reasoning behind such requests by CAN and how they landed at the choice, saying that it was not the most ideal route forward.
9. Suspected firearm, Friday shot and executed a 36-year old candidate, Mr. Gabriel Sibe, an indigene of Isaba, an Ijaw people group in Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State. One individual was harmed and one missing in the shootout between the trespassers, suspected to be from a neigbouring Urhobo people group and adolescents of Isaba.
10. The National Vice-Chairman (North West) of the decision All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Inuwa Abdul-Kadir, has blamed Governor Nasir El-Rufai for Kaduna State and previous Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, of wanting to ambush him over gathering matters in their individual states.
Abdul-Kadir additionally guaranteed El-Rufai had undermined to whip him and keep him from entering Kaduna, within the sight of different Governors from the land zone.